We are keen to introduce schools, the general public and wider scientific community to the world of underground science and the specific projects supported by the Boulby facility.
Our scientists will give talks offsite and visits to the underground facilities are offered where time allows. To find out more please contact us.
Boulby and the supported experiments have received a wide variety of media and press coverage in recent years. See below for a list of recent examples.
Media and press coverage in recent years
- BBC Science September 2013 Boulby Cosmic rays & Carbon Capture project features at the British Science Festival
- BBC breakfast, August 2013 - Rebecca Morelle joins the team searching for life in ancient salts underground at Boulby Mine.
- BBC News, August 2013 - Boulby mine: Underground life gives alien clues.
- Daily mail, 24th January 2011. Dark matter: Deep in a mine on the edge of the North Yorkshire moors, a British-led team is trying to solve the biggest mystery in the universe.
- Physics World, 7th June 2010. Two feature video articles on Boulby and the Dark Matter search. Video 1, Video 2
- BBC1's The One Show, 26th April 2010. The People's Astronomer Mark Thompson looks for Dark Matter at Boulby
- BBC Radio4 - Frontiers; 'Dark Matter', 23rd Nov 2009. Half hour documentary on the search for Dark Matter at Boulby.
- BBC Radio4 PM and the World Service, 7th Jan 2009: Does 'Dark Matter' Matter?
For previous years examples, view our 'media and press coverage in previous years' page.
To find out more, or to arrange a visit, please contact us.
Alternatively, view the STFC website.